Advantages of have a TNR, Trap, Neuter, Return, program for feral cat colonies:
- Getting feral cats neutered will stop the overpopulation of the colony.
- Every time a feral cat has kittens, it significantly lowers the odds that the kitten will survive.
- If it does, and it is not handled often, it may never be adoptable.
- It keeps the shelters from being overloaded with kittens.
- It may stop the aggressive activities and fighting that male feral cats often have during mating seasons.
- The cost of neutering is usually much less than the cost of euthanizing.
- Feral cats can keep the rodent and snake populations down.
- Neutering cats is a way to keep cats healthier and prevent premature deaths.